Got Shade? ~ Thank a tree.
Got Clean Air And Birds Singing In Your Neighborhood?
Thank a tree.
TREES SHADE & COOL
Shade from trees reduces the need for air-conditioning in the summer. Well-placed trees can reduce summer air-conditioning costs by 15% to 30%.
TREES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS
Trees in urban and suburban communities are important for a variety of reasons:
· Trees improve the look and feel of neighborhoods.
· Trees can increase property values by 15% or more.
· Trees help manage storm water runoff and reduce erosion.
· Trees absorb carbon dioxide and other air pollutants.
· Trees provide a home for birds and other wildlife.
· Trees produce oxygen !
If you have been thinking about adding a tree to your yard,
this may be a good time to do it!
For further information please contact:
Baltimore County Dept. of Environmental Protection and Resource Management (DEPRM)
Diana Cohen , Coordinator, Growing Home Campaign