Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:45 — 3pm
Private woodlands do the public good! Do you own woods? Join us for this workshop to discover what opportunities & resources exist to help you care of for your land. You will also learn about various techniques and practices to improve your woodland’s health while addressing some of its greatest threats.
647 Contees Wharf Road, Edgewater, MD 21037
Registration fee is $10 and due by April 12th.
See the registration brochure for details.
8:45 a.m. - Sign-in – Schmidt Conference Center
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
· The changing forest landscape in Maryland
· Developing goals & a plan for your property
· Conservation programs & new opportunities
· Plant invaders—threats to Maryland’s forests
· A new web–based mapping & assessment tool for landowners
12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. - Lunch will be provided
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Field tour of SERC’s woodlands
· Forest succession and ecology
· Invasive/exotic plant control methods · Wildlife habitat management